Monday, September 8, 2008

Encouragement and Discipline

So, I just got done reading through all of the blogs of the other Hands On missionaries (those who have blogs), and I am nothing less than encouraged. Please take the time to read about all that God is doing on this continent through a handful of students surrendering to God's call! I feel somewhat inadequate compared to what they have recorded of their journeys thus far, but I know that God still has great things for me here.

Please continue to pray for me here. I am seeking more discipline as I try to be more productive with my time, even if I have nothing to do. I am trying to limit my time on the internet to just once a day, either in the morning or afternoon, especially the time I spend looking at Facebook. While it helps me to stay connected with what is going on back home, I fear that it may be taking my focus away from what God has placed before me here. Please pray that I will be strict on myself in this area and that I will seek to spend my time in the Word and with God.  The missionaries here have talked about their experiences here as journeymen and how the best part was the time they were able to spend with God. I have that time as I am here, but it is so easy to distract myself with other things. I also challenge you to look at the things that are distracting you and pulling you away from spending time with God. Take some time to spend with the One who has redeemed us. It will be well worth your while...

Thank you so much for your prayers. I am praying for all that God is doing back home and all that He is doing through my friends scattered all across this continent!

1 comment:

Jonathan Nason said...

i want to encourage you stephen to be disciplined in your desire to spend time with Him. when i am in the village and don´t have internet, is the most spiritually rewarding thing i have ever experienced because i have no choice to spend time with God. it truly is amazing. i love ya and i am praying for you. keep it up bro!