Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Finally!

So, it's almost 1 am here but I'm going to go ahead and write instead of going to sleep.  My loser roommate (Stephen Brannon) steals my computer every night, so by the time I get it I'm too tired and ready to go to sleep.  Look for his blog tomorrow as we discuss the meaning behind Leona Lewis' song Bleeding Love.  haha

The week has gotten off to a great start. The crew that I am on is mainly doing street ministry.  We are walking (a lot) to different plazas and parks and performing the Redeemer drama.  After the drama is over, we then are passing out evangelical tracts and invitations to a coffee house we are hosting Thursday and Friday nights.  The people seem to be receptive to the invitations and are taking the tracts.  In the mornings we are doing the GAP (Gospel Advancement Program) assignments. Thus far we have prayer walked the areas where will will be working each morning.  Starting tomorrow, we will begin passing out gospels of John to the houses and apartments in each district.  This will be exciting because it is what we have been prayer walking for the past two days, and we can't wait to see what God is going to do!

In defense of Stephen Brannon's comment as to how I drink my matè: I don't even like it with sugar!  It tastes like bitter, unsweet tea to me, and I just don't like it.  My bitter taste buds were screaming. It was awful.

The temperature has warmed up quite a bit since I last posted. I think it was probably in the 60's today.  It's funny that 2 days ago I had 3 jackets on and I was still cold! I'm enjoying getting to know the people on my crew from all the other churches and also hanging out with those from Faith (Blair Martin, Kelsey Hendricks, Casey Parks, Bethany Hutchison, and Stephen Brannon).  Thank you for your prayers and continue to pray for God to move in Montevideo!! ¡Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing like a good ole Dr. Pepper from the states, huh!
Love Ya,
Dad